Customer Service and Events Administrator
Classic Historic Charity
A classic British charity are looking for an excellent customer service professional and events administrator to assist their public engagement team with tours and visitors over the summer.
This is a new temporary post that will provide reliable and focused administrative support for the tours programme and other visitor events. The post-holder will be required to work closely with volunteers, tour guides and other partner organisations. The role will also provide support towards the development of proposals relating to a new Visitor Centre and visitor experience. A Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
Candidates must be available full time five days a week to work on site from 9 August right through to the week commencing 27 September.
-Provide administrative support for the tours programme, in professional and expeditious manner, e.g., confirming catering and access requirements, booking tour dates with the Events team
· Act as a ‘front of house’ champion, welcoming and providing support to visitor groups where appropriate; undertake ‘gallery checks’ to ensure all visitor spaces are prepared in advance
· Ensure all relevant departments are aware of scheduled events, as appropriate
· Collate feedback from tour groups
· Attend regular Tour Guide meetings with the Head of Audience Engagement and liaise with volunteers as required
– Act as the first point of contact for the Audience Engagement Office, overseeing enquiries from members of the public, visitors, colleagues
– Act as a point of co-ordination and support for departmental volunteers
– Liaise with suppliers and partner organisations, as directed by the Head of Audience Engagement Visitor services
– Provide administrative support for Audience Engagement-led events and activities; responsibilities range from confirming photography and volunteer support to liaising with external speakers and other departments to developing marketing or event materials with the Communications team
– Provide on-the-day logistical support for events, being on hand to welcome visitors or co-ordinate volunteers
– Ensure visitor feedback mechanisms are in place
– Supports the Head of Audience Engagement in the preparation and development of proposals relating to the new Visitor Centre and site-wide interpretation
– Exceptional people skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships, including with beneficiaries, staff and stakeholders
– Excellent written and communication skills
– Highly computer literate, with experience of the Office suite
Interviews held via MS Teams on 3rd August with the successful candidate starting on 9th August and the successful candidate would be working in their central London office. This is not a remote-working role.