Front of House Administrator
A fabulous boutique investment firm with stunning offices in the West End is looking for an entry level Front of House Administrator and Receptionist to start as soon as possible on a temporary basis with the role going permanent on completion of a successful trial temporary period. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone from a hotel, retail or junior administrative background to step up into a leading finance company.
Hours: 07.45am – 4.15pm / 9.00am – 5.30pm (shift system)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Project a professional and friendly image. Facilitate the smooth running of the London meeting rooms and maintain a high standard of service to both staff and clients. The job will involve working alongside 3 other front of house administrators with whom you will be sharing the following duties and responsibilities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Front of House:
- Welcome all visitors in a friendly, professional manner, directing them to allocated meeting rooms and catering for any additional guest requirements
- Manage the physical and virtual meeting room space. Schedule appointments and maintain meeting room schedule via Office Tracker software, ensuring appropriate rooms and dial in details are booked, set up beforehand and staff are informed promptly of guest arrival. Keep the reception desk and public areas clean and tidy throughout the day.
- Set up and management of all audiovisual requirements for meetings, testing equipment on a weekly basis and trouble-shooting solutions to any issues that arise, escalating issues to our IT team and working with them to resolve
- Work alongside waiting staff team, keeping them informed of the running of the day, advising of any changes & training any new waiting staff on shift. Booking waiting staff for regular daily shifts and additional staff as required for busy/event days.
- Work as a team to ensure all emails & enquiries to the Reception London inbox are replied to, responding to all room bookings within an hour and dealing with urgent requests promptly.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly and in a professional manner, taking accurate messages, transferring and screening calls as appropriate and liaising with other reception to ensure phone cover is provided at all times
- Managing car park spaces and issue security passes. This is done alongside the building security team
- Locking down the office in the evening & securing the office floors. Opening up in the morning and prepping for early morning meetings.
- Book staff taxis as required & advising on appropriate service
- Arranging courier collection/delivery, advising staff on best service options & following up any missing/late couriers, checking all deliveries and informing staff of their arrival
- Sort and distribute all incoming post, ensuring Client Services & time sensitive post is delivered on time; confirming daily internal mail from other office is received. Collect all outgoing post, frank accurately & issue for collection by Royal Mail at 5pm
- Provide additional support and ad hoc clerical duties to the PAs as required. Supporting the Office Manager by reporting any maintenance issues & arranging contractors when requested.
- Undertake any tasks within the jobholder’s skills and abilities as may be requested from time to time
- Assist with fire evacuations, provide first aid and complete staff Health & Safety inductions as required (when appropriately trained)
- Helping to arrange all office events including liaising with event hosts, the chef and waiting staff to ensure the smooth running of all lunches, dinners & drinks parties. Staying on late or coming in early as required
- Assisting the Front of House Administrator to maintain supplies of office stationery, paper, soaps & shower gels and ground floor meeting room supplies. Assist with the weekly staff shopping order and keeping accurate records of purchases and orders made.
- Arranging sandwich lunches & catering for meetings
- Ordering office sundries & additional items as requested by Office Manager or staff
- Weekly wine stock check & ordering any additional bottles for events